Book Cover Design Requirements
I have attached some book cover designs I like to you an idea.
I want a book cover designed that I can use on Amazon kindle, Google, Apple , Kobo stores and other book selling websites, and on my website
1) Readable, crisp, clear and shows up on a thumbnail
Make the colour different to the background or image colour and the font is nice and large enough so its easy to read and standouts on a thumbnail
Book Cover Design
I have included a logo that is currently my brand logo on my website. Please can you design book cover examples using this and other examples not using it so I can see if I will use my logo or not.
Here is what I am thinking regarding the design:
1) Set the mood and don’t be literal - simple, strong and gives a flavour.
2) Avoid Stocky stock
I dislike stock photos as I want to be unique, and a stock photo may be used for another book.
3) Don’t create composites of different photos
I.e. lots of photos put together looks cheap and amateurish
Would love one create image that is powerful enough that encapsulates the book message.
4) Love colourful drawings that capture the mood but need to look quality and professional drawn. Maybe a drawing of my logo looking professional done or something similar.
5) Elements of the book image and writing to have lots of space on the cover so that its not confusing or complicated for the viewer.
Dislike 3D effects and drop shadows
6) My name does not need to be in massive letters as its the book its the book message I am selling not myself.
If you use something bold have something that contrasts.
Don’t use more than 3 colours.
Avoid primary colours you find on MS Paint (full blue, full red, full green).
8) The main thing is Keep It Simple, unique and stand out, as this book will be put on Amazon Kindle and its in a very busy and competitive niches such as Health and Fitness, woman health