We crank out awesome apps at the Chrome Web Store
Hi! Can you make an icon for my Chrome Web Store app, "BMI Calculator"?
The app's store page is here:
This app lets users calculate their Body Mass Index (BMI), which is a measure
of whether you are healthy, overweight, or underweight.
The icon can include the letters "BMI", but should not have other text.
Internationally-recognized text, like perhaps kg for kilogram, would also be
OK to include. Numbers are OK.
One simple theme idea is a standard bathroom scale with the outline of some
human feet on it.
Or, maybe a scale next to a calculator. Or a bathroom scale on a computer
A calculator with a thin person on one side and a fat person on the other could work.
Basically, any idea which conveys that this is a tool that helps you calculate
something related to your weight.
Don't make it too complex. Our target display size is relatively small at
100x100px and fine details will not be visible.
Weird outlines are OK; the icon does not need to be square or any particular
A vector format is required (we prefer inkscape-compatible SVG or standard EPS,
but others are OK, too). Please also provide a high-res PNG24 (with alpha)
export as a backup.
Target display size: roughly 100x100px.
We're looking for original designs. Trademark law is complex and annoying and
use of clip art in the final product can get us both in trouble. Check out the
winners of my previous contests, you don't need to use clip art to win!
GENERAL CHROME WEBSTORE ICON TIPS (from http://goo.gl/OeKN1):
- NO TEXT in the icon (it has a multilingual audience). Numbers are ok.
- The icon will usually be on a WHITE BACKGROUND.
- Use SATURATED colors if possible; they tend to work well.
- AVOID using a lot of white and light gray.
- Make sure the EDGES ARE WELL-DEFINED.
- AVOID large drop shadows. It's OK to use small shadows for contrast.
- Make the icon FLAT. It should FACE THE VIEWER. No 3D!
- If the icon is square with rounded corners, use a 12-pixel corner radius.
Let me know if there's anything that's unclear, and thanks very much for taking
a look at this project :)