We are building a 3D iPhone application that integrates location data, current weather conditions and satellite imagery and we are looking for an innovative design for the main button bar of our app.
We are expecting our application to be usable by any iPhone user who is interested in getting up to date weather information from what is going to be the best weather application on iPhone.
Design of 6 'simple' icons that can be used as line art (or subtle grey scale) in an application button bar (they can have subtle embossing), similar to the white line on black background that are used in many iphone applications sitting atop the black semi-ttransparent button bar.
* Info icon - will bring up help and information
* Cloud icon (we are happy with the style of the one in the attached rough - it can be improved upon although this is optional)
* City icon - icon to indicate cities i.e. skyscrapers
* Grid icon - (for a latitude longitude grid of the earth)
* Search icon - magnifying glass or similar
* Satellite icon - simple line art representation of a satellite
The rough button bar contains an example of the resulting size of the (first four) icons. The line thickness of the 'clouds' icon, which is the one we don't mind to keep should serve as reference for line thickness (inner lines and detail can be thinner if it looks okay - also use of greyscale is an option).
The icons should be provided as adobe illustrator CS4 vector art. Sample file will be attached (with rough versions of the icons) and a rough of the resulting button bar.
Consideration should be made of 'alpha' i.e. for when they are rasterized in photoshop - so they can be easily overlaid on the button bar.