Design of icons that will be used inside our mobile travel application
We are developing travel mapping application. Please see a screen shot and refer to it for what we need below: http://www.tourspot.mobi/assets/images/tour.png
We need icons for the following elements:
1. The blue triangle- that should be an icon that represents a point of interest. Inside the icon would be a number (so imagine a number 1 inside the triangle). We're looking for ideas on what that icon should be. Whatever the icon we choose we need numbers 1-30 inside the icon (so 30 icons) .
2. Icon to represent "information"
3. Icon to represent "pictures"
4. "+ and -" with zoom indicator (see the upper left corner as an example).
5. Icon to represent a person to indicate location
6. (optional) - 45x45 pictures to represent:
A. New York City
B. Washington DC
C. San Francisco
G. United States
All icons (with the exception of #6, the pictures) should have the same "theme".
Should be consumer-friendly (non-technical audience) and easily recognizable.
Icons should be clever but easily recognizable. For example, for #1, we don't want a #1 in asquare box. We're looking for something creative to represent points ofinterest but not something that is unrelated (i.e, an apple with a number 1 in it would not represent a point of interest in a city).