We are a fun, vibrant, young company looking to help the internet become a better place! Our goal is to un-clutter the web, one page at a time! :)
Savvy internet users.
Hurli will be a huge database of URLs. The toolbar will help sort/filter through these links. The requirements below relate mainly to a series of filters that users can apply through the toolbar.
We are after a simple yet fun toolbar. When we say toolbar, we need something which sits at the top of a page, if you visit here, you will see what I mean - go to http://www.stumbleupon.com and click 'start stumbling' you will see a toolbar at the top.
Happy with a simple toolbar, so long as it conveys fun :)
We require the following:::
Note: When each icon is clicked, a section will expand out of the toolbar (this should be part of the design).
Color: Not dark - prefer primary type colors - red or blue
1. 'Hurli' written on the left hand side - something bold, like the font used in the digg.com logo.
2. Search box
3. Favorite icon -> expands to favorites list and also a way to add to favorites.
4. 'Category' icon -> expands to a category list (text list)
5. login / register buttons -> *bonus points* if this is expanded into a registry form / login box.
6. Comments icon -> expands out to comments
7. 'Sites' icon - expands to the logos of sites included in the database e.g. youtube, digg, delicious etc. Require a search box included in this expanded section.
8. Share button - expands to view all logos of popular sharing sites.
In your design, please display all of the icons, and all of the expanded sections one underneath the other. Please use large expanded boxes - ideally the length of the toolbar.
Thanks guys - you're making a difference :)