The Dragonfly Effect
We are a husband and wife team who, working together for the first time combined our backgrounds in technology, marketing, psychology and social media to create The Dragonfly Effect - Quick, Effective, and Powerful Ways To Use Social Media to Drive Social Change.
In writing the book we hope to engage and enable social entrepreneurs everywhere and help them surprise themselves by using the Dragonfly Effect methods and tools to become effective beyond their wildest dreams.
The target for the website is the same as for the the book: social-media aware, if not necessarily savvy individuals between 16 and 50 who want to create change in their organizations, community or for themselves.
They are highly motivated individuals who benefit from guidance on business principles with respect to marketing, measurement, consumer behavior, planning and training.
They are comfortable sharing their experiences online and want to hear and comment on the experiences others and engage in a dialogue with them.
This is a refinement/facelifting project: Refer to the site found at http://dflyeffect.com.
What we need is a more consistent, cohesive and designed feel for the site including, but not limited to: typography, box style, button style, background image/colors, menu design, secondary page layout and heading style, etc.
Note: Some sections are not completely built out. As the site continues to grow, we will add features in the community section allowing:
1) Submission of stories - how visitors used The Dragonfly Effect to accomplish their goals
2) The sharing of tools discussed in the book (worksheets, templates, etc) to help people's programs
3) Greater FB and Twitter integration through FB connect
Referring again to the prototype site, we intend to preserve the following:
1) The core structure, functionality and general layout of the existing draft site: http://www.dflyeffect.com
2) The elements and design of the Dragonfly, and its core color palate (as these are being used for the book cover)
3) The Thesis framework - to allow us to work with the site on an ongoing basis.
Successful submissions will be extremely fresh, intuitive and usable. They will make visitors feel participatory, tightly integrated with their social graph, and inspire them to contribute too.
Deliverable = layered PSD + style sheet annotation documenting typeface, line-weights and colors, etc.