The logo is for a small startup specializing in Open Source software consulting. Our engineers (i.e. one) solve big problems using Open Source software previously requiring proprietary software & hardware.
We are looking for a logo that showcases:
- Creativity: Understand the problem & spend time thinking about the optimal solution. Don't just pull something off the shelf and call it a day.
- Knowledge: Know what options are out there and stay involved with the Open Source Community.
- Skills: Don't just sprinkle "magic dust", but do the implementation and make sure it works.
- Fun: Hey, if you work >8hrs per day, you might aswell enjoy what you are doing.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Target audience are:
- Small Startups, which need to process a lot of data (e.g. social networking sites, online advertisers)
- Software Engineers
- IT/OPS People
The logo should work on
- white/light backgrounds and
- be usable in print and online.
Some of the products we are using for your inspiration:
- Apache HBase
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Cassandra
- Cascading.org (see logo contest on 99designs)