knowplace Family of Sites http://knowplace.ca
We've been in business since 1988. We're a training, mentoring and consulting business that moved completely online in 2000. We began as a single-purpose training website: knowplace. We became the knowplace Family of Sites when our participants told us that they wanted to share and learn together in similar target groups.
We teach/mentor work-place based trainers, school teachers, coaches etc. to host their own courses, or coach their online clients online. We offer workshops, courses, mentoring, and certificate programs. We're very hands-on but yet virtual. We're proud to be a Canadian company and work online locally and globally.
We do our best to figure out what our prospective students/clients want and try to treat people the way that we want to be treated. We're told that our standards are high and we make our students work very hard. We only use open source and freeware products.
knowplace is the corporate entity and link between our various online training communities that attract different target groups. Each community is branded with the word 'know' and is developing differently with it's own co-ordinators and look and feel for their different target groups.
Our business is completely virtual. We never, if ever meet in-person. Our facilitators, co-ordinators, and office staff all work online.
This logo will be placed on our corporate site/homepage: knowplace Family of Sites. On this site, we describe our training and consulting services and provide links to our communities and further information.
This logo is our brand and trademark and will be seen by "suits" and eg: a school teacher, a life coach who wants to do what they do online. This logo that sets the stage for everything that we do. It must serve a variety of masters when we:
* promote our business in partner sites;
* submit proposals to government;
* adapt the logo to the various names of our 'child' training/community sites;
* use it for our business cards, print brochures, faxes and invoices etc.
The site links to the training and services that take place in our variety of training/online community sites. All sites are identified and linked together graphically in the logo with the word 'know' This logo will be adapted for our community sites, eg:
* knowCOACH is where we train employment counsellors and life coaches to work online with clients;
* knowSCHOOLS is where we train school teachers to teach online;
* knowCAMPUS is where we offer in-depth certificate programs with our university partner to help people teach/moderate/coach online with their clients
* knowOPENSOURCE is where we will offer Moodle and other training in Canada and beyond.
Successful designer will be asked to adapt the design for our online training institutions logos, as well as our letterhead, business cards etc.
When people see this logo -- it MUST be unique, different, memorable and not at all conservative. We prefer designs that are considered by many to be strange, different and wild. We want to be noticed. We only like strong, clean design.
Lettering: knowplace (all lower case) Family of Sites (Upper and lower case)
The image must:
* be instantly recognized world-wide as a Canadian company,
* colours permitted are: red, white and black;
* Family of Sites should be included in the logo (using a Capital 'F' and capital 'S'
* The word 'know' is the common element in our site names. The logo must be adaptable to our community sites eg: knowCOACH, knowSCHOOLS, knowMOODLE, knowCAMPUS Perhaps with graphics or with the font in the word 'know';
* Sans-serif fonts only.
More information here: http://knowplace.ca/moodle/mod/book…terid=3814