SidingCompare.com is a new site that helps homeowners research their different buying options for residential siding. The site doesn't sell siding -- it simply helps people understand which brands are most reputable, which types of siding are relevant for different houses, and how to make the most of their warranty. We can help homeowners reach a decision more quickly and with more confidence.
The site targets homeowners that want to update or replace the siding on their house -- but aren't sure which particular type / brand to buy. They aren't sure who to trust, and they aren't inherently interested in the subject matter.
The design for SidingCompare.com is challenging. I want the logo to express that the company is trustworthy, professional and well-informed.
The logo should include the term "SidingCompare.com". It should also include an image that suggests siding. I'm open to an image of any sort of siding (aside from asbestos siding) -- ie stone, wood, vinyl, cement, stucco, etc -- but it should target the "high-end" of the market .
Feel free to experiment with colors!
1. The typeface should be clear, simple and bold.
2. Nothing too elegant / fancy.
I like white space -- please don't feel like you need to fill the logo with color.
Update: After looking at 100+ designs, I have a few more thoughts:
1. Please don't use "bricks" or "paint" as a siding option. While bricks in particular communicate the side of a house, they aren't really "siding" in the traditional sense. Good alternatives are wood siding (clapboard), vinyl siding, wood shingles, stucco, stone, or perhaps even asbestos siding (a Google Image search will give you lots of examples of each).
2. I tend to like graphics to the left of the domain name.
3. I tend to like the domain name written as "SidingCompare.com" or sidingcompare.com. That's not written in stone, but I've noticed that the designs that I like tend to be written that way.
4. I don't tend to like a "reflection" underneath the domain name.
Please don't feel like these must be rigidly followed -- I'm just trying to give some feedback on elements that I like.
Thanks for all the wonderful designs!