Launched in 1997, we are one of the oldest and largest online dating sites. We are a global brand with members around the world. Each month we attract millions of visitors. Your logo will be featured on a major web destination.
Our target market are singles from 25-40 years old. We have an equal split of men and women.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS AND PAY ATTENTION TO IT:
1. Throwing some random font on paper and replacing the dot in .com with a heart is not original or creative. It's not what I'm looking for.
Unless it's really special, I am probably NOT going to chose a logo which contains a heart in the logo.
I am also not keen about including an icon... unless it is really unique and adds true character to the logo.
2. We are looking for a logo that is modern. Logo should not be overly corporate, stuffy or boring, but it should not be cartoon-like, either
3. Please do not use beveling, embossing, gradients or drop shadowing to style the font.
4. The logo should be readable both on top of a website, and also on a banner. Avoid fonts and visual elements that are hard to read when the logo is small. Winning logo will look professional even when shrunk to a small size.
5. Please refrain from dropping corny clip art and mindless icons into your submissions. Your font will set the tone for the brand and is the most important element in your design.
6. Winning logo should look good even when printed in black and white - in a newspaper or on stationary.
7. If you think that your logo may be cliche, it probably is. Avoid this.
8. Do not use the male and female symbols in your logo (the cross & arrow which represent Mars & Venus). These will not win.
9. This logo should appeal to BOTH men and women. It should not be too masculine or too feminine.
10. Do not copy other dating sites logos. Please present work that is original and creative.
11. We are looking to refresh our current logo; it is attached or you can view it at http://www.date.com
This is a public contest and I am aware that some designers may be concerned about others copying their work. Therefore, to be fair I will not give any ratings, I will also not post public comments. All comments will be sent privately to designers with entries who match the description I've posted above.