I am a digital media professional (ABC Digital, Hulu) and recent MBA graduate from Stanford. I am working to launch a digital media startup now--Rexly.com. It is a consumer-facing data aggregation/content recommendation site. Feeds/follows of media consumption, algorithmic recommendations, social discovery, etc.
Anyone who uses Facebooks, iTunes, Netflix, Pandora, Hulu, and/or Amazon. Male and female, anywhere from 18 to 35. Likely concentrated with males in their mid-20's through early 30's, tech savvy early adopters.
The current logo is a nautical compass with a speech bubble "tail" (see the included image). It is meant to communicate "social discovery." I am open to a new logo thats play with, expands upon, reinterprets this idea.
CONCEPTS TO CONVEY WITH LOGO
- A logo for the top header of Rexly.com, that looks good big, but also looks ok small (or a small portion of it could be a favicon)
- The logo should consist of an image and text that says "REXLY" (all upper case, or all lower case). It's ok if the image & text are combined and centered on the "X" (as in the sample logo), or if the image and text are separate (i.e. the image on the left, and stylized text on the right)
- I am open to compasses, vinyl records, speech bubbles, and more.
- I want slate blue, but am open to greens. As long as you use "trust colors"
- Combo of a compass/speech bubble: I am open to any traditional or modernized compass imagery, whether it's more like a nautical compass (as in the example) or a hiking compass (with a red pin)
- Combo of a vinyl record/speech bubble: The speech bubble "tail" could come off the outer edge of the vinyl, or off the edge of the center label.