Get your creative juices flowing because I'm artistically brain dead! I want nothing more than to pay you for showing off your talents and creating a logo for my company. The Dog & The Bone, LLC is a new company providing positive, reward based dog training. The logo should be one the company can also grow into when the services expand into a retail location and training facility. I am begging for your help. This company is my passion and I want you to be a part of it by creating a face for it!
The Dog & The Bone, LLC
My promise to you: I am sure with all the talent here there will be a winner and I will pay promptly! I will leave feedback everyday for every designer between 6pm and 9pm US Eastern Standard Time. I have no interest in asking designers like yourself to provide work in the hope of receiving compensation and not at least committing my time and feedback. I will rate designs as I see them and leave comments in the message board section of the contest so other designers can also see my input. If you would like me to respond to you privately, just let me know.
Company activities/vision: I offer reward and science based, dog friendly training for pet dogs and their owners.Training is private in-home training, but will branch into group classes, and eventually training facility with a retail store. I am also in the process of creating an online retail sales website.
About the business name: The Dog & The Bone is the title of an Aesop fable but it was also chosen because it gave us the feeling of an old English pub. There's a very highend restaurant near us called The Raven and The Peach and we just thought The Dog & The Bone was a cool sounding name. The name can be used in upper and/or lower case and the ampersand can be replaced with another appropriate symbol or with the word "and" if it better suits your design.
Tagline: "Teaching People to Think Like Dogs" I like this tagline because I'm trying to get across the idea of bridging the communication gap and misunderstandings between dogs and their people. The tagline does not need to be incorporated into the logo.
Things I like: Here are links to things I like along with my comments
- This is a fun logo. I'm not a huge fan of the glasses and bow tie but it works for their product line.
- This is a cute design and I like how they were able to give it animation for the website.
You have to scroll to see these logos...
- Three dogs and a girl: I like the simplicity and layout but not necessarily the dogs
- Watch Dogs: I love the simplicity of this logo but would like to see a dog in there somewhere. For some reason this gives me a rugged, active dog impression, not a "let's bring fifi" impression. I like that.
- I like the simplicity of this.
- I like the font she uses for her website pages and I love these little caricatures of dogs she does.
- The logo for Jennifer Quasha (in the center in green) I hate the colors though.
Need more information?: If you want more information or have a question, contact me via PM and I will message you back between 6pm and 9pm US Eastern Standard Time. You can also check out our website http://www.thedogandthebone.com
Thank you for entering this contest and good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your submissions and working with you in the future on additional projects!
**Please no submissions containing copyrighted material including fonts. I will require a written agreement to be signed giving full ownership of the logo.**
- A design that can be used for a website, print, letterhead, business card, t-shirts, vehicle signage, etc. Basically, everything. I will need it in full color and B/W and in vector format so it can be large and small with an appropriate resolution.
- Original work. Please do not submit others' work.
- Clean, crisp design.
- I have Great Danes so if you can incorporate that into the design I would appreciate it, but it's not necessary. Uncropped ears would probably be better.
- I'm not firm on any particular color schemes
- Dogs given human attributes such as this http://theculturedcanine.net/.
- Small, fuzzy, carry in your purse, type dogs. I like the dogs, but it's not the image I'm looking to portray.
- Metal collars such as prongs and choke chains. Absolutely cannot be displayed in anyway.
- Unoriginal or recycled artwork
- While I do like a lot of silhouette logos they're a bit overplayed. Silhouettes can be used in lieu of original artwork but please make the design it is incorporated into as original as possible.