I am looking for a logo for my company, trading as Southern Content, an e-business consultancy based in Wanaka NZ specializing in content optimization, seo and internet marketing. The tagline: "Right words. Right places. Right results." The brief: a logo that includes trading name, tagline and, possibly, a mountain ridge line (representing improved results as seen in a line graph).
I am an independent content consultant, website optimizer, seo, and internet marketer.
My company is called Powder Days but trades as Southern Content with the tagline "Right words. Right places. Right results." (I am working on a Southern Content website but very much a work in progress.)
Idea is: Whether you're trying to generate traffic to your site via search engines, promote it on other sites, or turn visitors into customers you need carefully chosen words. I'm offering search-savvy web content consulting and Internet marketing support.
Your Mission: I'm looking for a logo that includes both brand name and tagline but also references my location and ideally the value proposition...
The "Southern" bit: Although I send work all over the place I'm based in Wanaka, New Zealand. South Island, Southern Lakes, surrounded by the Southern Alps.
The "Content" Bit: Should be pretty clear. Basically, I am an online word guy.
Possible logo concept: I was thinking of using a stylised alpine ridge line to represent a believable (i.e. up and down and jagged rather than smooth) upward trend in results and working that in with the brand name and tagline. But open to suggestions assuming that location element is present in your design. (A search for Lake Wanaka on http://www.istockphoto.com or the like will offer insight into stunning local features).
Value proposition to bear in mind: Clear persuasive natural communication via the web -- warm words that build relationships.
BTW: If you are in the market for some content for a website or internet marketing advice or seo then maybe we could work something out prize wise if that is within the bounds of the site ts&cs
- Colours should be subdued -- think natural sky blue but more alpine blue-greys, purples.
- Logo should no rely on colour for impact -- needs to work in greyscale.
- Prefer to include tagline but would consider something that just worked with the brand name.
- Dark text on light background
- A unique design that can be copyrighted
- Tahoma is font for most stuff I do - words in logo need to work with it (don't need to be Tahoma but should be compatible)
- In a vector format that can be resized, etc without losing quality.
- Bright man-made colours.
- Light text on dark background -- "readability" issues online.
- clipart based work
- Anything that is gonna get me into copyright/trademark related issues