Please see the current logo at http://www.iowaaea.org. We would like to refresh the current logo, using the same PMS colors: PMS 137 (gold) and PMS 208 (wine). Other than keeping consistent colors, we are open to new ideas.
This will be used on a Web site, letterhead, business cards, vehicles, apparel, promo items, etc.
Iowa Area Education Agencies
There are currently 10 Area Education Agencies (AEA) within the Iowa system. Iowa's AEAs were created in 1975 provide services to school districts to help schools improve and students achieve.
AEAs are also known as Educational Service Agencies (ESAs) and are found in nearly every U.S. state. While they operate differently, their goals are usually the same. Iowa's AEA system is widely regarded as one of the best in the country.
AEAs provide special education services, professional development for teachers, lending libraries for classroom media, early childhood services, and dozens of other programs that help schools improve and students achieve.
The logo refresh needs to demonstrate to parents, teachers, administrators, legislators and the media the following about Iowa's AEAs:
- Successful track record
The new logo should also be adaptable to become each AEA's logo in the future. We are striving for one consistent logo instead of 10 separate logos, which we currently have. This transition will likely take a couple years to finalize, but we want to keep that in mind.
- Must use PMS 137 (gold) and PMS 208 (wine)
- Must have "Iowa Area Education Agencies" paired with the mark, which should incorporate the letters "AEA"
- Make sure use of the letters "AEA" conveys the adjectives listed above, ie, nurturing, friendly, professional, etc. in a creative way (this is where we need your help!). Like the friendly, updated Web 2.0 looks as seen here: http://fontfeed.com/archives/the-lo…of-web-20/
- Please consider how the 10 AEAs can place their name with the logo in the future (as mentioned above), ie, Northwest AEA, Heartland AEA, Great Prairie AEA
- Please use the tagline, "Partners in Education" with the logo
- Please make sure it is scalable, reproducible on promo items and would lend to black and white or grayscale
- If you think of an idea with an accent color to the two PMS colors mentioned, go for it!
- We will need the Vector file
- Apples (symbolizing education)
- The flame used in our current logo
- An outline of the state of Iowa