I have recently re-established my own mechanical engineering practice. One personal quality that I want to use to my advantage is my high level of attention to detail. This, combined with my broad experience in various industries, enables me to produce well-rounded mechanical system or product designs. (As opposed to many engineers that produce designs with some great qualities, but not great all around. e.g., functional and reliable, but lacking design for manufacturability, ease of servicing, aesthetics, ergonomics, etc.).
Anyway, I'd like my logo to represent HIGH-QUALITY, DETAILED, MODERN, ELEGANT, AND STYLISH work with BALANCE and INTEGRITY all around.
Thank you so much. I look forward to seeing your imagination at play!
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Being in the business of engineering and technical consulting, my target audience will be anyone involved in machine, mechanism, system, gadget, product design, etc. Anyone involved in engineering, research, and product development. Keep in mind, however, this goes beyond engineers and technical people -- My target audience includes project managers, directors, and company owners.
Please refer to the attached files.
1. The "full logo" must include my business name, "Cognetix Engineering", but "Cognetix" should stand out more than “Engineering”.
2. I love the 3-dimensional, shading and lighting effects of my current logo (i.e., the lettering of “COGNETIX”. See attached files). I’m open to everything, but depending on your ideas, I may request that you replicate the lettering effects – Too soon to tell.
3. The logo graphic should be able to stand on its own when I choose to not include "Cognetix Engineering".
4. The logo should imply high-quality, detailed, modern, technical work, with balance and integrity all around.
5. Logo must be modern, 3-dimensional, stylish, high-tech, and elegant.
6. Colors: Bright and deep, lively colors. (I seem to like silver/gray combinations with bright and DEEP BLUE colors, but PLEASE DON’T LIMIT YOURSELF. I’m open to everything at this point.)
7. Optional qualities that appeal to me if they work well: Lighting and shading effects, and features implying motion (as long as they also print well in b&w/grayscale).
8. Additional requirements: Must not closely resemble existing logos (currently used or available for purchase). Must print well in black and white/grayscale. Native graphics files must be supplied and files must have transparent background so that I may place logo against any color background.