Hello designers! This is Shawn from Plum Tree Portfolios. We're a brand new company, and are launching a website and mobile app showcasing the portfolios of hundreds of wedding photographers in North America. Our goal is to be the #1 place engaged couples come to find a photographer for their most special day.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience is engaged couples looking for a wedding photographer. They will typically be internet and mobile savvy users, ranging in age from 20-40 yrs old (and yes, typically the bride will be our first point of contact).
Our logo should meet these specific requirements:
- Simple and distinctive
- Should be able to stand on its own (apart from wordmark)
- Works in print and online
- Scales down to icon size (32x32) and still recognizable
- Initial submission in 80%K with (50%K for highlights if needed)
- Final submissions in CMYK/Pantone safe, and web-safe colors please
We would also like to see the following qualities:
- Would like our logo to include a tree (plum and/or portfolio represented could also work, but currently our first pick would be a tree)
- Color is a must, but should also represent well in B&W (initial submission in B&W pls - see above)
- Prefer 2D to 3D, but will look at all
- Prefer a more solid graphic logo to detailed logo - this helps with down-scalability
- Please no photo-realism
- Please no clip-art
- Avoid overly flowery logos - it is tempting with wedding related business to plaster the logo with flowers, but subtlety and simplicity will persevere
- Prefer logo on left/wordmark on right layout, but will consider others
- Please be creative and original with wordmark fonts - avoid used and abused standards like Arial and Tahoma
Look forward to seeing you designs! We will provide lots of feedback.