alle toprestaurants, obviously meaning all top restaurants
Hi there! I'm working on my first private business venture, setting up a website and Iphone app whereby I'm going to list the top restaurants of my country, and provide news and information on these restaurants, their chefs and in the future maybe food and wines. Think Michelin-star restaurants. The name of this online and Iphone restaurant guide will be 'alle toprestaurants', meaning obviously 'all top restaurants'.
For this, I'll need a logo. The logo will be used for the Iphone app and for the website, therefore I need a ‘regular’ logo and based on this, an Iphone icon. After the logo is finished, I'll ask the designers of 99designs.com through a new contest to make a design for my website, using the new logo. Or the winner of the design of the logo gets the assignment to design the website, that is also a possibility.
Users of the Iphone app or visitors of the site can search restaurants in various ways, based on the amount of Michelin stars, prices, cities and so on. And through my app and site I will promote some restaurants or their promotional activities.
1) Males or females who look for an upmarket restaurant to have lunch or dinner, or are interested in top restaurants in general, e.g. how the top restaurants have been rated by the various culinary magazines, the latest news on top restaurants, chefs, and so on. In general my audience enjoys life, likes going and eating out and has more than average financial resources available to spend. My target audience is mainly about 23-45 years of age, since new media (mobile applications, internet) are involved.
2) Owners or managers of the top restaurants, since I will target them to buy exposure or advertisements from me.
3) Since the design will be used for an Iphone app as well (in fact, the Iphone app is in my concept the most important medium), the audience is as well Iphone and Ipod touch owners and users.
At this moment, logos #4, #6 and # 34 are my favourites. Simple, modern, clean, stylized. Hereby some hints:
- Please check the word document I enclosed in the (revised) brief with some examples of logos I like. Just to give you guys an idea. Don’t pay too much attention to the colours of these logos by the way.
- Simplicity and stylized minimalism does it for me. The used font should be modern and clean too!
- In many logos the word ‘alle’ is pretty dominant. Consider emphasizing the element ‘top’ or ‘toprestaurants’ instead of ‘alle’.
- In general, I’m not too keen on picture’s of chef’s hats, woks (no woks please) or pots and pans. Knifes, spoons, forks and glasses – as stylized and modern as possible - are OK for me.
- Consider using the colours yellow, orange and purple.
- I’ll need a logo and an Iphone icon. Logo and Iphone icon can be the more or less the same, or the logo can be changed to make it fit for an Iphone icon. Surprise me!
- Submitting only a ‘regular’ logo and not an Iphone icon is fine with me.
- The logo should have an upmarket, posh, reliable, yet modern, trendy, fresh, bright, happy and young look. - The logo could be based on the name, or the name could simply be tacked on beneath a graphical logo - you decide.
- I'm not as yet quite sure if I should use caps for the brand name ('Alle Toprestaurants' or 'alle toprestaurants') or not. Which is visually and otherwise the best? I'm open to your creative vision.
- It shouldn’t include the web address (www or .nl)
- No stock photos or clip art please
- Don't use stars (as in Michelin stars) as the app and site will refer to other culinary magazines and books as well
- I'm considering using the colour black as background colour of the site and the app, since this has the feeling of eating out, candle light, champagne, etc.
- Other than this, I'm open for creativity, I'd like to see unique ideas. Feel free to play with colours, fonts, etc.
- Thank you for your input!