For Keeps Studio
For Keeps Studio is a web start up that creates custom artwork using personal mementos such as photos, children's artwork, letters, etc.
We offer hundreds of exclusive designs that are formatted to incorporate a personal memento. Our products are created via premium printing methods and with top quality archival fine art paper. The results? A custom piece of artwork that uniquely and artfully displays your photos and other personal objects.
Our brand personality characteristics: hip, stylish, fun, artsy
Our audience has a keen eye for design with a bias towards things modern, eclectic, and/or vintage. They are design aficiandas/dos. They are also discriminating shoppers. Demographically, they can be described as Alpha Moms and Young Digerati.
Alpha Moms strive for mommy excellence. They devote themselves to creating experiences and memories for their kids. You'll see them at music classes, playdates, or gymboree with iphone in one hand and one of her 2 kids in the other. They like custom and hand-made things, but may not have the time to make things themselves. Some brands and websites that cater to them include: Babble.com, OhDeeDoh (on apartment therapy), Cookie Magazine, etc..
Young Digerati are tech savvy hipsters who live in fashionable neighborhoods on the urban fringe. They are stylish spenders that spend on lifestyles such as travel, scuba diving, skiing etc. They are also highly knowledgeable about the brands and objects they desire. Some brands and website that cater to them include CB2, DWR, West Elm, Apartment Therapy, Etsy.
The visual elements of the brand have not been established yet. The winning logo will play a role in helping us define the brand. We have a very rough wireframe that was designed to help establish features, functionality, and content...this WILL NOT be the end product/website. We will have another contest for website design once the logo is selected.
1. We are interested in icon ideas, but the logo does not have to have one. The icon should connote "memories, beauty" (e.g. star? camera? flower motif? animal motif?) and not be "art" icons such as a paint stroke or brush. Also, keep any icons modern looking..avoid clip art looking designs.
2. Focus on the typeface. We would like to see something original. Avoid curly, cursive, or brush scripts. Don't be too whimsical.
3. "For Keeps" should have more weight than "Studio"
4. Color palette include lime green, purple, orange, and brown. see attached file: forkeepswireframes.pdf. You don't need to use all the colors. you may explore other colors
5. The design should be modern in look and feel, however, you may explore a more vintage-y style.