Hey, we're finally getting off our fat butts to try to do something positive in this world! At little films we actually have some creative skill and yet we've been wasting it producing video and multimedia for boring corporations. But that's all changing! Starting now we want to create media that matters. We want to put good content in the hands of people and organizations doing some actual good. And we need a really cool logo to start us off in the right direction! Please help!
**UPDATED REQUEST IN THE DISCUSSION SECTION!
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
These days it's easy to think that doing "good" means going green and saving the planet. We're cool with that, but we also want to be considered a very forward-thinking, modern creative agency that is involved in producing video and multimedia content to help deal with all the complex challenges that we face out there these days - human rights issues, poverty and suffering, grassroots political movements, global warming, alternative energy and more. Basically, if it's about doing something positive we want in - and we want to be taken seriously as a go-to resource within our field.
And obviously a critical part of our success will revolve around the look and feel we put out there to the world. So...please help us to create a great new logo that promotes us as a very hip and current creative agency, one that's in touch with today's world and is all about promoting change for the better.
- Simple, modern, hip, fresh - we're a creative business so we should feel like we're design-forward.
- Genuine, approachable, human - because we are about doing positive things and we need to earn the trust of others.
- We're inspired by GOOD magazine. Have you seen it? We're not looking to steal or emulate their design, but if you've ever picked up a copy you'll understand the vibe they put out there - they're very smart about their approach to "doing good" - it's not all green and good and flowers and clean water. They're very cutting edge in their stories and approach. Basically they're young, smart people identifying important issues all around us. And they're way cool. Read some of their articles and check out their site at http://www.good.is
- It would also be great if our logo could stand well on its own or also pop nicely off a photo or video. Our design tends to be very image driven and we sometimes put our logo over top of an image. In fact, if you'd like you can show us the logo alone and against a cool, blurred out photo.
- Clean design is probably the way to go, but because of the direction we're going in, an organic feel (or mix of both) could work.
- TAGLINE - We don't always use one, but sometimes we do. If you feel inspired to include one in your design, please feel free. Just choose your favorite from below and see what happens:
- creative movies for good
- movies for good
- share your story
- go good
- Feel free to visit our existing corporate video site, although it hasn't been updated for almost two years: http://www.littlefilms.net
- NO obvious film industry design elements please - like filmstrips, slate/clapper boards, film reels or cartoon tv sets. They've all been done before. *This doesn't mean you can't allude to something along this line if you like - but if you go this route please make it very clever and more suggestive than blatant.
- Also, not a wide rainbow of colors in any single design please. Colors are good, but simple is best.
- And finally, it's easy to lean towards "cute" because of our name, but instead we'd like the design to lean much more toward cool, thought-provoking or cutting edge.