The logo needs to represent Africa as a destination, both in terms of its wildlife and areas of interest. My internet business will focus primarily on National Parks and Game Reserves of Eastern and Southern Africa. Therefore the design should immediately be associated with ideas of travel, nature and escape!
For some reason, when I see the logo I have the opening scene's image of the Lion King movie in mind...with the sunrise over the African plains...don't know if this rings bells?!!!
My name is Michael Theys and I've had the chance to travel and live across the African continent for almost 24 years! In other words I am a huge fan of African people, its various cultures and mostly its incredible wildlife. My idea is to start a business that would promote Eastern and Southern Africa in terms of its safari destinations!
The logo would thus have to illustrate just that. It needs to be highly representative of what I am willing to promote! It may include images of African wild animals, landscapes, sunsets, Baobab trees or acacias (symbols of the continent)...up to you! The logo could also play around the two words of my website (Africa and Freak)! I am very open to almost anything...let your creative minds do the trick!!! :)
- Size: Header logo = 329*89; Footer logo = 233*63
- The logo may include the entire website URL (http://www.africafreak.com), but this is not a must!
- Just the name Africafreak should do the trick!
- Images, scenery...real photos or comic images...needs to look professional though! Modern, original, recognizable...
- Informational driven!
- Header background? Don't know if this can be part of the deal...
- Vector graphics output.
- Must include a red/orange ochre touch in terms of the color scheme. Others: black, yellow...
- Not too fancy...the simpler the better! Simple and clean looking...
- Style: Africafreak with a capital letter; or africafreak!
- May include some kind of illustration between the Africa and the freak...a symbol, an image...
- IMPORTANT: Go to one-theme.com to have a feel of how my site will look like. Have a look at the black version of it! ;)
- No images of people.
- No overloading...simple and neat...straight to the point!
- Can't look too "cartoonish"!