We have the most popular soccer news website and email newsletter in the Mid-Atlantic USA called Potomac Soccer Wire (http://www.potomacsoccerwire.com), and now we have launched a version to cover similar soccer news for the entire USA. We specialize in covering "local" soccer news. Youth leagues, high school, adult leagues, tournaments. We will also be launching more "local market" versions of the Soccer Wire, but this NationalSoccerWire.com site should have it's own brand, so readers of our local sites still feel they have a reason to check out what's happening on a national basis. We also run another websites focused on local sports http://www.Report-a-Score.com.
Our target audience are youth soccer coaches, parents, and elite players. People who read our websites could be classified as "youth sports junkies", and almost always have a personal connection to the news and information they're consuming. They either play, referee, or coach in the leagues they're reading about, or they are related to someone who does. They are either reading about their organization, comparing/researching competing teams or organizations, participating in our discussion forums, or reading up on "how to" articles.
We are NOT targeting the more typical American sports "fan", "couch potato", or "fantasy sports nut". We don't want to cater to the 100% fan audience, and we do NOT want to be confused with an ESPN or FIFA.com or MLSSoccer.com.
The three websites we compete with most are socceramerica.com, topdrawersoccer.com and gotsoccer.com.
Literally need a logo that will fit into our website as it is already designed at http://www.nationalsoccerwire.com. The logo will go in the upper left corner of the website. The Leaderboard ad banner that is there can be pushed to the right to make some more room.
The logo should:
- Match the color/theme of the live website
- Made up primarily of the website name "National Soccer Wire", not a bunch of imagery or creative interpretations.
- Something that will also look good in print materials, printed in large scale on advertising banners, and on t-shirts.
- Try to stay between a 2:3 and 1:3 height:width ratio.
- Maintain some level of brand recognition with our Potomac Soccer Wire logo.
If possible, would also:
- Borrow some brand recognition from the competing websites socceramerica.com and/or topdrawersoccer.com