The Beekeeper Group
We are a strategy firm offering web, social media, and community building consulting in the Washington, DC area. Our principals have a proven track record in leveraging "web 2.0" technologies for affecting social, legislative, and political change at all levels of government. We have recently launched and need a logo to brand our new shop.
Our target audience are advocacy groups, trade associations, non-profit organizations, and corporate public affairs divisions. While most of our target audience is in the greater Washington, DC area, our client base can be anywhere in the U.S - or the world for that matter.
Our audience will be looking for something "cool" and "cutting edge" - but will also always have one eye on the return on investment in working with new media. Therefore we need a logo that conveys innovation, but also has some roots in "serious business" as well.
We would want to have the logo incorporate a bee, the name "The Beekeeper Group" and possibly a hive or honey comb structure.
1. No Cartoons - there are many team logos that use childish or aggressive cartoonish bees, we want to avoid that
2. Our working theme is "Build the Hive. Manage the Buzz." That can either influence your design, or it can be incorporated directly into the logo.
2. Nothing Aggressive - We are *not* looking use the image of attacking, Africanized bees. We are about building hives and then generating and managing buzz.
3. The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out.
4. Here are some examples of a logos that we like:
4. Here are examples of what we are trying to avoid:
We'd like yellow and black, but please feel free to experiment with different shades and variations on the colors! Doesn't have to be pure yellow and black.
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo