I am a professional pianist, and I sell a piano chord instruction book online. I also offer instructional videos to my email subscribers, and have recently begun a blog with free lessons and other piano information.
I am a one-man company. I want to convey a sense of fun, a casual approach to my videos and lessons, but also a feeling that people don't need to spend years taking lessons to learn to play the songs they want.
I like to communicate on a fairly personal level with my subscribers - talking about some personal and family news, along with my own experiences on the piano.
I want them to relate to me as a real person, and not "too" much of a guru ;-)
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
I have students and subscribers of all ages. Most of them have some experience on the piano, but they were never taught how to just play what they wanted to play. No one ever taught them the practical application of piano skills.
Ideally (and most may already fit this profile), my target audience is aged 30-70, male and female, middle and upper-middle class, either working a full-time job now, or retired (or some other form of steady income). I realize that's kind of broad, but that's all I've got for now...
I'd like to convey:
- That this concerns the piano (instructional aspect is not absolutely necessary)
- The name "PianoFast"
- The "speed" aspect of learning the piano with my methods
- An immediate sense of trust (I'm open to ideas)
- It would be nice if the logo were sizable/viewable as a favicon
- The ability to make the logo transparent would also be nice - for watermarks, videos, etc.
- More of a conservative than a creative feel, although a combination of both might be nice
- I don't want to get too specific, because I'm really looking for your original ideas!