Zepto is a new self-serve advertising platform.
We launched in January 2009 and need to redesign our logo.
We let users target ads on a per-page basis, then create these ads in a dead simple way. Our objective is to help publishers better monetize inventory since there is no simple way today to cost-effectively sell ads on a per-page basis. Similar to how ZipCar lets people rent cars in small increments, we let people buy ads in small increments. Instead of buying ads for multiple weeks at a cost of several hundred dollars, users can buy ads for multiple days at a cost of tens of dollars. This allows us to pursue a new class of advertisers, rather than traditional advertisers like media agencies.
Our core differentiators are simplicity and ease-of-use.
The web site is not a destination site. It is informational and meant for publishers and advertisers interested in our platform. The site will also be viewed by prospective job candidates.
Given our target audience, we need the brand to meet these criteria:
* Be safe and corporate enough to assure media publishers like the New York Times
* Be hip and fun enough to attract fresh college grads who are seeking jobs
* Be fresh and simple enough to reflect our novel approach and emphasis on simplicity
Examples of logos that project these properties:
* Apple logo -- http://www.apple.com: classy, simple, and fresh
* Zendesk logo -- http://www.zendesk.com/: simple. We also like the Buddha character because he imparts a fun, hip quality to the brand.
* Nike logo -- http://www.nike.com/: simple and cool
We need the logo to consist of the company name and a symbol that reflects our company. We need inspiration and guidance on what symbol to choose. One way designers can differentiate themselves is to produce a symbol that encapsulates our branding and company goals.
The corporate symbol must be simple enough that it can be reproduced at a small scale to accompany the ad unit.
Here is one publisher who is installed our platform: http://www.firsttracksonline.com.com/. Look in the right rail, near the top, for the "Put your ad or message here..." link. Please note the blue "Z" in the ad unit. We want this "Z" replaced with our corporate symbol.
If you want to win the contest, you must do the following:
* Create an ad using the wizard (but don't pay for the ad obviously)
* Provide one suggestion on how to improve the wizard
* Report any bugs you encounter
To reiterate, if you do not do these things, we will not consider your design. You need to spend time with the product to truly understand our objectives. We want a partner who can help us think about the business as well as someone who can create professional, attractive logos.
The project deliverables are:
Logo (company name + symbol)