We highly value the importance of an excellent designer's time and will reciprocate your commitment with our time and feedback. We want to pay top dollar for a design that is creative, intelligent, and fresh. We want to reward someone who painstakingly slaves over every pixel. There will be tons of additional work available to the winner, if they're interested.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The name of the company is a combination of "simple and effective"and we are looking for a logo that reflects with our ideals. We buildwebsites that accomplish one specific goal (like senduit, basecamp,beanstalkapp, etc.) and are easy-to-use, polished, direct and of thehighest quality. Examples of the OPPOSITE of what we try to accomplishwould be like the scatterbrained Yahoo portal homepage or MySpace.
The logo must convey the fact that we are strongly anti-bloat andanti-clutter and that we come up with elegant and efficient ways to dothings. We are a cozy, accessible, trustworthy company that offersoptions to our clients they never thought possible. We have the energyand technology of a web 2.0 start up with the wisdom, care, anddedication of grandma's home cookin'.
- Vibrant and Lively
- Light and airy feeling
- Intelligent - we love subtle, clever ideas (like the ubiquitous arrow in FedEx)
- Graphical element in addition to text
- It would be nice if it translated well into a favicon or small icon.
- Delivered in AI and EPS format.
- Does NOT look like an overly technical consulting company.
- No swooshes.
- No leaves.
- Not squared off and not bubbly - a careful balance between the two.
- No "&" ampsands.
- Do not alter the name of the company from "simande" - at most there could be subtle interplay between the graphic and text.