Training program for home-based entrepreneurs (more than 15 million in the US alone!) needs a logo and image that will be used in multiple ways... so the winning designer of this contest needs to be available for future projects adapting his/her winning design as the program evolves.
The Debt-FREE Direct Seller™ Training Program
This is not just any ol' design project... nor do I need just any ol' design!
That's why I will work with you to give you constructive feedback on a regular basis throughout this contest so you can get a better feel for what I like in terms of fonts, colors, images, ideas. That's also why I've tried to be thorough in this brief - both in giving you a sense of the project and my want/don't wants. So, here goes...
I have a created a training program that will be marketed throughout the direct selling industry (full- and part-time home-based entrepreneurs like network marketers, party plan salespeople, etc.). To help you understand the potential magnitude of this, note that there are currently more than 15 million direct sellers in the United States alone! And I will be marketing it to the individual direct sellers as well as the direct selling companies.
Key to this design is the trademarked phrase, Debt-FREE Direct Seller™. This phrase, combined with a character, picture or symbol to create our logo and "brand" will be used in multiple ways as this program expands and evolves. Besides using it in the name of the program (i.e. The Debt-FREE Direct Seller™ Training Program) and for all of the printed materials for this program (marketing and educational), it will immediately be used in the header graphic on the website we will be developing (http://www.debtfreedirectseller.com) as well as to create banner ads and/or links for affiliates who endorse and market this program. In the very near future, I see other uses for this logo/design - ranging from buttons to T-shirts to bumper stickers (e.g. I'm a Debt-FREE Direct Seller™) as well as other educational materials we develop (CDs, videos, workbooks, programs).
About the program and its purpose...
The Debt-FREE Direct Seller™ Training Program teaches and supports direct sellers to consciously and intentionally use the money they make in their business (even amounts as small as $200-$400 a month) in ways that rapidly eliminate debt and create true freedom, wealth and well-being (financial and other kinds) in their lives.
What this program teaches is NOT the "business as usual" training direct sellers receive. It actually goes AGAINST the approach the vast majority of direct sellers and direct selling training programs take. In the program, we talk about teaching them to take "the road less traveled" (borrowing from the Robert Frost quote) because that will "make all the difference" for them in terms of achieving freedom.
It is revolutionary and life-changing and its emphasis is on FREEDOM! It's also very grounded in reality, simple, practical, empowering and, believe it or not, FUN! (No "heavy, sober, serious or scary designs, please!)
- The word FREE must be in all CAPS.
- The trademark (TM) must be included with the phrase Debt-FREE Direct Seller™.
- An energy that ATTRACTS... that draws people to it (and thus, the program, website, products, etc.) It needs to convey a sense of safety, compassion as well as hope, empowerment and action.
- Emphasis is on FREEDOM rather than debt. (Thus - the capitalization in Debt-FREE.)
- Simple, clean and professional - but in a casual way (not stuffy or boring... again, we are working with home-based entrepreneurs - not more traditional corporations)
- Must be memorable and recognizable.
- Again, it needs to convey hope and freedom (and even fun!)... both in the font and in the symbol/design/image.
- When thinking of the logo design, I have often imagined a person (or gender neutral image of a person) with their arms raised above their head and spread wide - a movement/image I associate with both victory (aka the movie "Rocky") and with freedom and exhilaration.
- If you can do something to incorporate the "road" idea or "path" idea (since we talk about them taking the "road less traveled"), that would be great. Don't know if it's possible... but it would be cool if you could.
- I like colors - so have fun trying different ones. FYI - green is the color of growth and money; purple is the color of transformation - both of which apply to this program. I also like the image of a rainbow - as long as it is not too "hokey" or obvious. My company, Access Abundance!, uses the rainbow idea in both our logo and on our website banner. Check it out at http://www.accessabundance.com.
- Since there will be times when we will use the logo/design in black & white, I will need to see it in color and black/white - and the winning design needs to still convey the energy and message (albeit to a lesser degree) in the black & white version.
- Since this program teaches simple and powerful concepts... the logo must be simple as well. Participants in this program find themselves "breathing easier" (especially around money), the design and choice of font needs to convey a sense of openings and possibilities for people.
- Keep in mind that this log will be used to "brand" ourselves... with participants in this program and companies who endorse the program adding it to their websites and exposing it (and the message of the program) to more and more of the 15+ million direct sellers in the US and throughout the world!
- A scalable logo - something that can work on a small business card or button as well as a large banner we may create for expos and vendor display booths.
- The ability in the future to add a tagline to the logo without having to redo the design. At this time, I don't know what that tagline will be - but I recognize that may be something that will evolve and I want to make sure this will be able to be easily added.
- The winning designer's willingness and availability to work with us in future adaptations to the basic design we will be making. I would like to develop an ongoing association with the winning designer as this program evolves and expands.
- Formats: We will need it for immediate use in JPG and PNG format - but given the undetermined future uses of this design, I also request it in Adobe Photoshop Vector format. I'd also like it made available in Vector format. (I'm not the most knowledgeable of the different formats, so if you have questions or if something I've asked for doesn’t make sense - please ask!)
- No thin or tiny or tight fonts - this program is rooted in principles of abundance (remember, my company is Access Abundance!).
- Boring or blocky or plain.
- Overemphasis on money (do not use a lot of money symbols or images) - this program is about FREEDOM in all aspects of their lives and not just money.
- Really busy or complicated.
- Something that seems "hypey" or "magical".
- Greater emphasis on debt - the emphasis is on FREEDOM!
- Nothing that looks like a logo you might see for financial services, financial planners, investment firms, etc. Remember - we are DIFFERENT!!!