Edit Zen and Translation Zen
Thank you for checking out our current project. We will provide quick feedback, detailed responses to anyone who messages us, and a fast decision at the end of the contest. We’re looking forward to working with all of you again.
We have established an incubator within our company to develop several new Internet-based service businesses. All of our incubator businesses will be tied together with a common brand suffix, "Zen".
The first two products to carry the "Zen" branding will be "EditZen" and "TranslationZen."
We are looking for a single base logo design crafted around "Zen" that can be applied to both EditZen and TranslationZen, and be flexible enough to let us build additional "Zen" businesses in the future using the same core logo design.
We are not looking for separate designs for EditZen and TranslationZen, but we would like to see both representations of your design showing how it looks with both EditZen and TranslationZen in the same logo type. This will serve as a "proof of concept."
Our target market will be primarily businesses, with some consumer use. The logo should appeal to a broad range of business users from start-ups to Fortune 500 clients.
Since the products we are releasing will be disruptors within their respective markets--editing for "Edit Zen" and translation for "Translation Zen"--we do want to convey some of that freshness and energy through the logo.
However, because our offering is new, we still need to convey confidence to potential customers.
Drawing a bit on trends seen within the "Web 2.0" space is fine so long as it does not reduce the shelf-life of the logo, pigeonhole our brand, or come across as too childish/playful.
What We're Looking For:
1. A fresh, clean, and modern logo that will work for a group of business services using the unifying-theme "Zen." Essentially, "reliable yet fresh."
2. The logo should convey our core advantages: High Speed, High Quality, and Cost Effective-- without emphasizing "cheap", "discount", or "low price".
3. The logo can be easily used with words in addition to "Edit" or "Translation." For example, if we were going into Travel as well, we should be able to easily create a TravelZen logo using the same basic design.
4. We like type that's well-kerned-- don't be afraid to move letters around a bit.
5. We are flexible with regards to unifying elements, accents, and color. If we like an underlying core design we'll provide feedback in terms of what will get us closer to what we're looking for.
6. We'd like the logo to work well if used within a colored-element on a website, letterhead or powerpoint presentation. If your design has to be stuffed into a white box to play with backgrounds other than white please rethink it.
7. Final output should be available in vector format.
What We Don't Want:
Recognizable clip art, "cute", anything that is specific to either Translation or Editing-- keep in mind the next use may have nothing to do with either of those areas, over-the-top decorative fonts, anything orange.