An memorable and impactful logo that help position our brand within the marketplace. We will use the logo as the basis for picking our color palette for the website redesign. Will be used primarily on website, stickers and tees possible.
* icon based logo
* works in black-and-white as well as color
* Files: Print format - .ai (CMYK); Web format - .jpg & layered .psd (RGB)
PREFERENCES (likely given to):
* designs that use 6 colors or less
* square logos, followed by horizontal golden ratios
* Ignore prefs if it hinders you from making a killer design
I like clean aesthetics, modern mission furniture, almost anything with a Japanese design, Frank Lloyd Wright. Also a fan of wit, so if you can work that into a logo, great, but don't force it. I like whitespace, natural colors, blues, and most web 2.0 colors.
It's acceptable to incorporate 'GFC' into the icon, but no preference either way. I know "fight club" is in our name, but it doesn't have to be the basis of the design. I'm just worried of people getting hung up on that. We're about food, not fighting.
Overly complicated (i.e. Hard to silk screen)
Gimmicky photoshop filters/effects
Unreadable/gimmicky fonts (e.g. "fight club" font)
stock img/clip art
Not reading entire brief
Unless good reason, avoid:
Fancy non-standard fonts