WHO WE ARE
We are a family run, organic hill farm in West Cork, Ireland. Derry Duff is the name of our farm and means Black Oak in Irish. The farm is often known locally as Cuibin which means ‘sheltered little hollow’.
WHAT WE DO
We are diversifying towards a number of different income generating activities:
- Growing and selling organic blueberries and other soft fruit
- Offering luxury accommodation with food grown on our farm and trout fishing.
- We will make bottled health juices (nutraceuticals) from our organically grown apples and aronia berries, which provide vital phytonutrients that protect against cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
- Raising Dexter cattle and selling organic Dexter beef
- Growing trees to sell big trees in pots.
- Offering farm tours to select travel companies and providing them with food using ingredients grown on our farm
- Selling Air Pruning Pots on Amazon; revolutionary new plant pots for growing shrubs and trees.
WHAT WE NEED
We would like a logo that is relevant for all the separate schemes listed above. We would like it to represent an Irish family run organic hill farm that is generic enough to be used for 'Derry Duff Organic Blueberries' or 'Derry Duff Farm Stays’ or 'Derry Duff Health Juices’. or 'Derry Duff Farm Tours' or 'Derry Duff Dexters' or 'Derry Duff Beef’ or 'Derry Duff Air Pruning Pots’.
The logo needs to appeal to:
- People who care about the environment and like beautiful countryside
- High end, environmentally conscious food consumers - who are willing to pay a premium for quality organic food that is grown sustainably and in harmony with the natural environment
- Health conscious consumers - who want to feed themselves and their children with products with recognised health benefits
- Foodie types - keen to try rare beef, with high ratio of marbling and strong reputation for being quality and unusual beef
- High end tourists - wishing to stay somewhere where they can ‘digitally detox’ and live in luxurious comfort, in beautiful and peaceful surroundings, being able to pick food for their meals
- High end tour groups - wishing to do bespoke tours that are ‘off the beaten track’ and get to see the ‘real Ireland’