North Coast Classic Sports Car Club
The North Coast Classic Sports Car Club (aka NCCSCC) is a group of vintage sports car (pre-1976) enthusiasts who have annual car shows, tours, and meets in the northern most region of California on the redwood coast. We are a casual lot who don't mind greasy knuckles and we appreciate older sports cars (all brands although mostly European) in every condition from projects to garage queens.
Our desired audience is two fold. First, "prospective members for our club"... classic sports car nuts like us! For the most part it will be a male audience (ages 16 - 76) however women are more than welcome as members.
Our other target audience is the general community who we entice to come out to our shows via posters and other print advertisements. Hopefully this segment will also want to buy our logo merchandise.
1. We want a timeless, classic, retro, vintage logo that features a vintage (1930's - 1970's) sports car (or cars) on a twisting mountainous coastal Northern California road. For the car(s) a list of our favorites are: 1969 Alfa Romeo GTV 1750, 1938 BMW 328, 1955 Porsche 550 and 356, Triumph TR3, Austin Healey 3000. For the "twisting mountainous coastal Northern California road"... think fast, redwood trees, mountains, ocean.
2. We would like the logo to work well in both full color and black and white (or white on black).
3. We would like the logo to look appealing on T-shirts, hats, keychains as well as in print (letterhead, website, posters, advertisements and sponsorship banners, signs, etc).
4. The font for "North Coast Classic Sports Car Club" should be easy to read yet interesting and fit the design of the logo. Maybe a font similar to a classic sports car brand... maybe not.
5. Last but not least... if you think you have a better idea to represent our club... who are we to restrain your creativity? Maybe drop us an email first so you don't spend time in the wrong direction.
Style guides (NOT "style rules"):