Reflex is a free community software project for programmers with an emphasis in good design and usability. It's built on Adobe's Flash technology, enhancing Flash's rich animation and media capabilities with smart controls such as buttons, scrollbars, windows and yet-to-be imagined controls for really beautiful and custom program designs. Great for desktop and internet programs, the software is also small and fast making it ideal for mobile applications on phones and tablets.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The target audience is existing Flash developers and designers. Many of these individuals have a strong background in both technology and design and use Flash as an animation tool to do agency work (movie, product, and other branding/marketing websites). These are savvy and media-crazed professionals who are excited about the software we're providing, partially because it saves them time/money, but mostly because it opens up a new world of creativity they will explore in their own work.
Final designs should be suitable for use on the web, in print and promotional materials (t-shirts, stickers, buttons, etc).
An open free logo contest was run a while back, contributed to primarily by developers who are interested in using Reflex. None of these logos were satisfactory, but their ratings and comments might be helpful: http://reflexlogo.uservoice.com/
Following are some guidelines, logo must be:
* unique and memorable, but must be readable
* balance of clear & simple with edgy & digital
* must have a vector basis (incl illustrator file) - look good as a silhouette
* a fitting color scheme, prefer to be kept with in 2-tones (not a full color wheel)
* keep the swooshes to a minimum, or at least not cliche
* possible fitted variations for long rectangle and square regions