Website is http://conference.mccombssema.com
1) Color ideas: All palettes seen here: http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/brand…alette.jpg
2) Incorporate the number " 2009 " or " '09 " into the logo image, which will have elements related to sports, entertainment, and media
3) Try an embellished font with wavy / curved features for the text accompanying logo. Text should read: "2009 Sports, Entertainment, and Media Business Conference".
4) The logo image, along with text, will fill the outlined box area, 500 pixels wide by 160 pixels tall, illustrated here: http://viadat.com/sema_conference.php
Mentioned on the main message board:
5) I have a big preference for gradient (circular or linear), polished, or glossy looks ... I want to also stay away from logos with thick, deep, dark shadows on the images/text, but lighter, thin, more subtle shadows are more than fine
6) The word "SEMA" can either be in or left out of your design, I want to base it on the design quality and overall fit