Northern Transportables is a company based in Darwin, Australia. We produce, sell and lease transportable offices, houses, ablution/toilet blocks and kitchens to the commercial, civil and retail sectors. We aim to provide a complete service to our customers by providing full transport and installation services using our own fleet of trucks and forklifts.
Our business is expanding and our current logo is inconsistent with our aspirations:
- The logo features the 'state' of the Northern Territory; however, our customer base is expanding across Australia and we no longer wish to be associated with one specific location
- The ‘NTH’ in the logo is an acronym for ‘Northern Transportable Hire’. Our customers refer to our business simply as “Northern Transportables” and the logo should contain those words with no abbreviations or acronyms
- The colouring of the existing logo reflects the Northern Territory’s state colours. Since we are expanding, we are open to other color schemes (such that they do not imitate our competitors, listed below).
- Many of our customers work away from computer screens in remote locations. Our brand and contact details is most commonly seen written on the sides of our buildings and the design needs to work best here
Commercial clients include mining and construction companies
Civil clients include schools, airports, local and federal government projects
Retail clients use our buildings for homes
The design should be simple, bold and easily recognizable at a distance. Designs that look as striking printed in black and white as they do in color are preferred.
Our logo is integral to our product:
- We adhere vinyl our logo, phone number and website to all our work vehicles and trailers and on our buildings to identify our product in the market place
- All our staff members wear clothing embroidered with our logo over the left pocket
- All our stationary has our logo placed in a prominent position
- We stencil spray paint our logo on tools and storage containers
- The new logo will feature prominantly on a redesigned website due in 6 weeks (http://www.northerntransportables.com)
Things to consider:
- Our vehicles are white, uniforms black, blue (denim), yellow or orange fluorescent. The logo must be visible on these backgrounds, changing the logo color depending on background is an option
- Our logo will most often be viewed on printed matter, work shirts, buildings and vehicles rather than the internet, and is likely to be covered in a thin film of red dust
- Our logo must be easily recognizable from a distance
- Our competitors place their logos in similar locations on their buildings so our logo needs to distinguishes ourselves from them (Ausco, Fleetwood, Demountable Sales and Hire, NTLink, Australian Portable camps are some of our competitors)