Goodhum or goodhum (at goodhum.com)
We are a startup with a soul. With a good hum.
We need you.
Goodhum is designing and manufacturing green yet modern consumer electronics products for others. We might be selling them later on under the Goodhum brand as well. So, to start with we need to offer B2B-services; creating unique consumer products for large consumer brands (telecom).
Products will be of minimalistic high-class design - rebranded for each client. The products will enable the clients to offer unique services to their customers. At the same time the rebranding element will enable them to build their brand among the end-users.
We would like to market our solutions as enablers of positive, amazing end user experience.
1) MODERN RESPONSIBILITY
- Sustainable: green values, but also ethics and sustainable business
- Modern, fresh, agile
- DIFFERENT, an alternative to old players
2) CLIENT FIRST
- We only exist to help our clients
- Deep understanding of the challenges of the clients - and a genuine concern to help them make better business
- Deep understanding of how the client creates value in it's own business to the end-users
- End-user-centric: people and experience before technology
3) POSITIVE AND CLEVER
- "Can do" -attitude
- We welcome change and are quick to learn
- Casual but VERY professional
- Insightful, thorough experience
- Simple, straightforward
Goodhum serves mobile phone operators. We need to appeal to the CEO's, marketing managers, R&D managers and other management of large, international companies - mainly in Europe.
BUT - we need to have a very consumer-oriented style. The target audience among consumers is late teens and young adults. If we must pick a brand as a starting point, it would be Apple with a sustainable/green twist: The products may look a bit like these:
WHAT IS OUR GOAL FOR DIFFERENTIATION:
We need to stand out. We need to be remembered. We need to be seen as the company that can HELP the client company achieve their business goals.
Against the big players, we are the small company able to adapt where the big companies can't. Against the other small companies we are the company with proven technology and people.
Now we need:
A) LOGO (Vector format preferred)
- use few colors, please
- abstract preferred: no mobile phone or any other recognizable picture
- can be just the text, too. Do not restrict to sans-serif fonts, serif fonts might look modern and fresh?
B) Color scheme (palette): main colors + accent colors
C) BUSINESS CARD idea - Photoshop OK
Later on we shall have to expand this look&feel to:
- WEB LAYOUTS (Worpress templates)
- POWERPOINT TEMPLATES (Very visual, large videos / photos of people using the gear)
- WORD TEMPLATES (1 layout) for documents or letters
So please, keep in mind how your design might expand to all these later on - a unified look is the goal.
STYLES WE WOULD LIKE TO GET:
- More Apple than Microsoft
- Minimalistic over complexity
- White over Black as the main color
- People over technology
- Happy, positive emotions over suits or big corporation style
STUFF WE DO NOT LIKE:
Colorful 3D button style like: http://www.linkedin.com / Or their blue stuff
3D icon-style of Windows XP and similar
STUFF WE LIKE:
- Using a lot of video and photos in all presentation material
- Photos: Large photos or ones with white background embedded into white pages
- Typography (!)
- Magazine layouts
OR -- some ideas from the classics: