I have run 3 other contests on here and guaranteed the prizes. Have been pleased by both. I'm responsive to designs and provide feedback.
I'm this guy: http://blog.stevepoland.com/about
serial web entrepreneur
love the web
former writer for TechCrunch
The logo should include a 2- or 3-color scheme, which we'll then utilize throughout our website [once we design that]. Since this is a website for Buffalo, NY, the obvious color schemes are for either the Buffalo Bills team (blue, red, white: http://bit.ly/cOacI0 ) or Buffalo Sabres team (blue, gold, white: http://bit.ly/dBJkYu or http://bit.ly/afCuf6 ).
I'm looking for a clean, simple, nice logo that can help build the brand.
NO FADES, FADING, FADE BACKGROUNDS.
YOUR LOGO SHOULD BE ON WHITE BACKGROUND. Feel free to put the favicon idea on there as well.
[the logo should work well on a solid color background as well -- possibly inversed colors or something]
Our website will be a comprehensive listing of concerts coming to our town of Buffalo, NY, USA.
Things that identify Buffalo, NY:
- our city hall (and our skyline) http://bit.ly/cUeZFd & http://bit.ly/9ZJfpM
- chicken wings http://bit.ly/9Y3pwx
- a buffalo animal (like our sports logos) http://bit.ly/aiRAS4
- hockey and football (Sabres & Bills)
- stencil font? Maybe like a speaker w/the band’s letters on it.. it’ll be a speaker that says BuffaloConcerts.com in stencil spray-painted lettering. Maybe the speaker/amp will look like the Buffalo skyline? [maybe with a guitar or two sticking up in the skyline? and drum sticks]
- Something incorporated into the logo that relates to Buffalo… like city hall, chicken wings, a ‘buffalo’ similar to the sabres/bills logos.
– buffalo cityline [which would primarily be focused on our city hall], but with a guitar sticking up as well? almost like it’s part of the skyline. – possibly a piece of music equipment, like what a band would bring on stage—the casing for an amp, or guitar, etc—how it has the white stencil’ing on it. This could say ‘BUFFALOCONCERTS.COM’ somehow—and/or possibly the ‘amp’ or speaker that it is on… could be a regular speaker, or it could be like the Buffalo skyline.
Competitors: eventful.com, songkick.com, pollstar.com, ticketmaster.com
Our logo needs to be small and legible enough to fit onto a guitar pick [for promotional purposes]. Examples of a guitar pick: http://www.guitarpickshop.com/page2a.html
The 'mark' can be used as a favicon and elsewhere.
The end logo should be in vector -- likely illustrator format with all layers included and neatly organized, just in case we need to mod it later. Style guide of the colors and fonts used. Favicon.ico, 200px wide transparent PNG, 600px wide transparent PNG. Black/white, greyscale, color versions in vector.