We are building a web application that will be the foundation for a marketplace to allow venues, musicians and promoters evaluate, book and promote potential live music performance. Our web applications core capabilities include:
* Musician self-promotion – musicians, bands and their managers will be able to create custom profiles or “sales sheets” to promote their music, presentation and their ability to attract fans to shows.
* Venues will be able to self-promote in a similar way to Bands, though this is less important.
* Venues will be able to manage a calendar for their establishment, which will include widgets that they can embed in their websites.
Desired personality/tone: Engaging. Cool. Music Industry Savvy. Professional.
Single Most Compelling Idea that consumers should take away: That MyHandstamp.com is a marketplace for artists, venues, promoters, etc to better evaluate, book and promote live musical performances.
Handstamp.com has two distinct target audiences:
1. Venues and Promoters – Often trying to manage a busy performance schedule, Venue owners and promoters are quite busy. They are trying to balance the numerous requests from prospective performers/musicians with the other demands of running their business.
2. Musicians and their representatives - (including music labels and band manager) – While a few aren’t, most musicians are working hard to gain access to more performance opportunities. Many musicians are not business savvy and often have to spend a good deal of time learning the business side of performing as they grow their fan bases. While most musicians are in it for the Music and the Fun, a few are able to make a living from their performances.
We actually had a logo designed by a free-lancer, but due to some differences in opinion we could not get him to release the rights to the logo and he refused our money. The old logo was a little grungy, which we liked, but we are open to all types of logos.
The new logo should fit in with the planned design and color scheme of the web site, which has already been completed (homepage.png). The new layout is attached, but we removed the logo we had before. Ignore the place holder that is there.
Please try to downplay the emphasis of "My" in MyHandstamp. This is not the most important thing, but in the long term, we may want to become just Handstamp.
More details are available in the attached creative brief.