1. Simple, clean, professional look
2. Open to new colors i.e. ‘eco friendly’ greens, oranges, tans; blue version fine, too
3. “PCD Foundation” needs to be part of logo, but open to options i.e. PCDF spelled it out in a ‘supporting’ tagline OR, ‘Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia’ w/acronym 'PCD' & 'Foundation'
What we DO want: A logo . . .
1. With a symbol/visual to ‘brand’ PCDF without the long PCD Foundation name. Ideas/approaches to consider:
- While we put forward A ‘lung’ symbol idea, we've gotten a lot of lung-focused submissions & would like to see another approach
- Acronym symbol: http://www.cff.org/
- Not related, but another idea: http://www.feedingamerica.org
- For ‘geeks’, incorporating a visual of ‘cilia’ without making a ‘hairy logo’ - not for the faint of heart. : )
- If you go w/ plain ‘text’ approach: http://www.nephcure.org/
2. With no more than 2 colors
3. That can be used on a variety of ways (business cards, giveaways, etc.)
4. That can stand on its own in black & white, and on dark or light backgrounds without any effects.
What we DON’T want:
1. A symbol/element that every other medical/health related organization uses (i.e. DNA helix indicating a ‘genetic disease’), but we are open to our own ‘version’ of that.
2. Stock images or clip art