I've used contests before to have logos designed, but on the SomethingAwful forums. This site is just brilliant. I'm actually a little jealous I didn't think of it.
TripHip is going to be a new travel web 2.0 site, different from all the others in that it won't suck or be overly complicated. I want a logo to match: unique, memorable, but simple.
I guarantee I'll pick a winning logo by the end of the contest.
Take a look at the brief for more details
*Edit* Take a look at my comments below for additional details as the contest goes on.
TripHip or triphip
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Covered in the wants.
- Text can be "TripHip" or "triphip". Try both.
- Think web 2.0 style and colors.
- Logo must be vector based that scales well small and large and could be used in print, on t-shirts, etc.
- An ORIGINAL and UNIQUE graphic that is to the right or the left of the logo. Would like it to be something related to the fact that this is a social travel website, word of mouth travel information, if possible, instead of just some travel stock image, but open to ideas.
- Instead of a graphic, there could be something unique or modified about text itself (like this logo http://entries3.99static.com/contes…ies/275996 ). In other words, a modified character from one or more of the letters in "TripHip". Either way, think fun, travel and hip (Cool and keenly aware of or knowledgeable about the latest trends or developments)
- The graphic (or a modified/simplified version of it) should scale well, so that it can be used as a favicon on the site.
- Some color in text and/or graphic. Be creative with color. Submit variations.
- Be creative. This is a web 2.0 travel website. Think of some way to work that into meaning of logo. Think fun, travel and hip (Cool and keenly aware of or knowledgeable about the latest trends or developments)
- Overall, I am looking for a logo that's simple, but cool and fun and has something that grabs you about it, something unique.
- Here are some company logos I like (doesn't mean I want my logo to look like them, but to give you an idea of what I like): yelp (simple, and cool unique graphic that can be used as favicon and to create a brand), clearwire (love the way they modified the "i"), this one: http://entries3.99static.com/contes…ies/275996 (great use of the leaf in the o -- I like a lot of the other work by LogoB as well: http://99designs.com/users/147806 ), and finally, I love the work of Mogeek: http://99designs.com/users/189990 because he creates clean and simple, but unique logos with great graphics to go with them.
- Logos that won't look good at small sizes
- Bitmap logos
- Overly complex logos