Need 3 clear and engaging graphic elements to communicate the essences of new peer-to-peer social networking product on re-launch website. The concepts to be communicated are: Automatic, Safe, and Complete.
The idea is to have three of the main product essences depicted using a graphic accompanied by a short text description (e.g 3 bullet points or a couple of sentences.)
Glynx Pty. Ltd (http://www.glynx.com)
Glynx is a new peer-to-peer social network which is being launched early in the new year. Glynx provides unparalleled privacy and connectivity as your information is stored on your PC and shared directly with others (on their PC) in real-time as it changes. Glynx has a built in ID confirmation mechanism so it is very difficult for a user to pretend to be someone else. Glynx interacts with a wide variety of other software and websites.The first major Glynx application will be the Glynx address book - the world's most accurate address book - and we are reworking the front page of our website to support this launch.We are trying to communicate the three essences of the address book product:(the following is not the web site text but more expanded for explanation).
Glynx is automatic:
- Connects with your web and PC address books to automatically consolidate your existing address books into one, centrally managed repository. Currently works with Outlook contacts and Outlook e-mail history, Gmail, Facebook, Skype, Mac address book, Thunderbird, VCard, XML- Auto builds and maintains currency of contact info. As Glynx discovers your contacts on-line, you automatically keep each other up-to-date with your contact details in real time.
- Contact discovery (based on confirmed IDs and accepted invitations) happens automatically - so by knowing a confirmed ID of someone (e.g. an email address) and by them accepting your invitation, you automatically get all information that they want you to know.
Glynx is Safe:
- Your info stays on your PC not the web. You absolutely control who can see what. Unlike every other social network service no third party (not even Glynx) can see your information or knows who you have online relationships with.
- The ID confirmation system reduces possibility of identity fraud.
- The peer-to-peer directory cannot be harvested for SPAM. You can only look up IDs you already know.
Glynx is Complete:
- Glynx works with a wide (and growing) variety of applications and web sites to give you a single view of all of your contacts.
- Privacy means that you get every piece of information that a contact wants you to see - not just those details that they are comfortable posting on a web site.
- Auto update means that you get up-to-the second accuracy (now I'm in the NY office, now I'm not).
Glynx is initially aimed at address-book power users (i.e. people who live or die by the currency of their contact information) as well as those plugged into the web 2.0 world.
- Graphics should be about 200x200
- Graphics should be colourful, though doesn’t have to followthe purple and ochre colours of thelogo.
- Graphic 1 (automatic) should have logos of supportedproducts included somehow.
- Graphic 2 could have man and woman shaking hands (but don’t feelconstrained by this)
- Graphic 3 could have a world or jigsaw theme (but again don’tfeel constrained by this)
- Not too cartoon-like
- Not photographs