Mayan Minds is a t-shirt brand dedicated to bringing fresh and creative designs to today' s urban alternative crowd. Inspired by the ancient Mayan civilization in South America, Mayan Minds is looking to blend ancient symbols and glyphs with modern fashion and design. We want to mix the old with the new to bring a dynamic and artistic appeal look to the marketplace.
Our target audience is the alternative hipster crowd of teenagers and young adults who has an affinity for the urban hip hop and urban alternative flair. People ages 15-30 who have a knack for original and creative apparel are the foundation of Mayan Minds.
We would like for each designer to propose 1-3 t-shirt designs. While we have certain glyphs in mind, we're also not opposed to you choosing your own.
Our only criteria is that you use a Mayan glyph(s) on each shirt, customize the design for a short or long sleeve t-shirt, and go creatively beyond just taking a Mayan glyph off the internet and sticking it on a t-shirt. Bring originally to the Glyphs. Feel free to deconstruct them, erode them, stylize, and/or vectorize them. For inspiration, here are 4 t-shirt designers/designs we like:
-Also, here are some great vectorized Mayan fonts for free: (http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=mayan)
-And this site indexes pretty much every glyph: (http://www.famsi.org/mayawriting/di…nindex.htm)
Our ideas and favorite glyphs:
1. Mayan footprint: (http://tinyurl.com/lh6o6r). Use small footprints on the top of the backside of the shirt that progressively get bigger to the front bottom.
2. Face in hand: (http://tinyurl.com/mecefo)
3. An inverted sky: (http://tinyurl.com/neou64)
4. Wings: (http://tinyurl.com/l65qhq)
5. Outstretched human hand: (http://tinyurl.com/mpd4kh) & (http://tinyurl.com/mfou73)
6. Boomerang: (http://tinyurl.com/md7xut)
7. Traditional face: (http://tinyurl.com/lfss45)