Happenstance is all about developing the latest, hippest iPhone apps. We love to design in slick, modern, but minimalistic graphics that are true to Apple's products. Everything about our apps should just scream "cool" and should just work. We love visually appealing art that really complement the functionality of the applications they design. "Busy" graphics are definitely not our thing. We feel that everything designed into the application be it functionality, graphics, button placement, etc should have meaning and purpose. We're looking for like-minded graphic artists that are on the same page as us and willing to deliver top-notch products for the world to see.
We're targeting the typical consumer. As we all know, typical iPhone users love the visually appealing graphics. This is for the world to see. The Calculator app is such a vanilla application that it's time to just make it "cool" and the world will appreciate that, guaranteed. Targeted audiences can be male or female so keep that in mind when creating the graphics.
1) We envision a calculator skin with large buttons, buttons large enough so that it's almost impossible to mis-press adjacent buttons. But we also don't want it so large that the buttons become an eye sore.
2) We want two-row display mimicking a calculator LCD screen. The bottom row should be large enough so that the user can see what he/she is typing. Adjust the sizing accordingly.
3) The aim of this project is to produce skins for the calculator. We're looking for "cool", "artistic", "creative", thinking outside of the box skins. Feel free to be as creative and artistic as you need, but with purpose. Examples are: wood, sand, ocean, plaid, denim, skins with a stylish yet simple pattern and cool to see when you launch the calculator app. These are some of the basic skins that people are used to seeing. But we would love to alternative ideas that will whet people's appetite. We'd also need a default calculator UI of course, similar to -http://www.appannie.com/400179811/
4) Landscape mode calculator UI is also required
5) We have 7 screens to create, the rest are rather basic, please see attached for direction.
6) Graphics should be compatible with all iPhone handsets. We want the skins to be compatible with:
iPhone 4 (retina display)
iPhone 3GS and earlier