We are launching a new mobile technology that is going to change the way people engage with print media. Our target audience are magazine publishers and we need a punchy magazine advertisement to get them interested.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are a technology company that has developed a new software platform called the "Interactive Print Platform" for magazine publishers. It enables readers to simply take a picture of a little square barcode with their mobile phone to be instantly linked to additional content. An example is you could be reading a music magazine and read a review of an album, now using our solution you can listen to the tracks on your phone while still reading the magazine.
Our solution is desinged so that publishers can offer it to as a value add in their sales pitch to encourage advertisers to book ad space in the magazine. We need a full page magazine add to get the solution concept across and generte interest.
The add should show an association between the "new media" of a mobile phone and the "Old Media" of a printed magazine.
- The design should be of high quality and style as would be seen in a high end fashion magazine.
- Design Size should be for an A4 Magazine ad with bleed and at 360DPI
- The code provided should be the main focus of the design. It should immediately draw the eye and provide the greatest impact.
- The headline and attention grabber should be the line "In this digital age if you're not interactive you're Old Media"
- Use minimal colours with our brand colours of Red, Black and White as the majority
- Draw inspiration from these websites and links:
- Examples of ads we have used previously can be found here & here the design should be similar to these.
- There is also a video here with an example of how an existing magazine is already using it.
- The copy to be used for the design can be found in the txt file here
- The ad should contain the QR code found here and our logo found here
- Try to create an impression of a relationship between the magazine QR code and mobile phone
- Google "QR Code" for further inspiration and examples
- The code symbol should be used as provided
- Do not reverse the contrast.
- Do not change the colouring
- Do not obscure or cover the code symbol