I write a newsletter for a small group of financial advisors. I recently took over my father's business and am trying to modernize it. It's still a very small business, so I am hoping that the new design will help to promote the product to new customers.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
This newsletter is given on a complementary basis to the customers of financial advisors. It contains basic finance information, such as retirement planning or tax tips. Therefore, the product should have a clean, modern and professional (business/finance) feel to it.
The design I require is a masthead for "INVESTMENT FOCUS".
It should be "evolutionary" - it should resemble the current outdated version (attached).
1. 2-colour, using current colour palette (purple).
2. Masthead needs to include space for a small logo. Currently, this logo ("Raymond James" in the attached) is placed on the top left hand side of the newsletter.
2. Newsletter needs to have space for photo/contact details. This information is currently in the left hand margin.
3. The words "Personal Newsletter from John Smith" need to be included. They must be printed in black and white (on white). They are currently in Arial Font, but suggestions to make it look better would be appreciated.
4. The newsletter title is in "BerkoldStyle Bk BT" font. This can be changed, but it must be a truetype font available in Pagemaker.
5. The newsletter font is in "Garamond". This can be changed, but again a truetype font available in PM.
There are two attachments. The first is the ORIGINAL (outdated!!).
The second is an upgraded version that was done by another artist. I like the feel of this, just to give an example.