ThisLittleLight.org was started in 2008 when a 4 year old girl raised money on her own to buy flashlights and send them to orphans in Africa – “so they wouldn’t be scared at night”.
We exist to encourage and equip children to get involved with philanthropy, and to do so in ways that engage their individual talents and ideas. Also, as an ongoing project, we are raising money to buy high quality solar powered flashlights to be distributed to those in Africa without electricity.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The page layout should include the following elements: a header graphic, navigation buttons for categories in header area, small icon to signify individual comments made on blog posts, a text or image graphic for categories in the right margin, RSS subscribe box/area, Email subscribe box/area. Currently, the main colors of the site are orange and gray. Those could be changed if the proposed design warranted. Use other accent colors as needed. Consider an iconic representation of what ThisLittleLight.org exists to promote – light, opportunity, hope, giving, children, etc.
P.S. We are open to a 3 column design like copyblogger.com and may switch to one in the future, so designs can propose one.
- Elements to include: header, nav tabs on header, right column category headers, blog comment icon, RSS subscribe box/area, Email subscribe box/area
- Need vector files
- Header text to include: ThisLittleLight.org, sub-head is “Changing Lives, One Light at a Time”
- Try to use less 2-4 colors maximum, preferably with orange as a starting point
- Ideally there is an icon next to the text (though not required). The icon would be pulled out and used as a web button.
- Design to accommodate variable widths, should we ever change the blog's width
- Placement of navigational tabs on the top of the header
- Aim for simple, clean, fresh, organic, or maybe earthy
- non-vector artwork
- soft, subtle, or busy
- don't over think it by adding too much to the header