Minimalist webcasting/music blog hybrid is code complete but looks harsh. It needs to look friendly before really going live. We need an overall design, a color palette and images for four playback-related buttons.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The site is a curated radio-like experience, like a cross between amusic blog and a webcast. More explanation of what the site does is athttp://freshhotradio.com/about . The site is up and running at http://freshhotradio.com , but needs to be easier on the eyes before we start marketing it. Your mission is to rework the look but keep all the functional elements and the basic layout of that page at http://freshhotradio.com .
What we have now is a lookbased on Craigslist. What we need is something less severe whichcommunicates an energetic mood for working, working out or partying. We only need the color scheme, the four major buttons, and whateverimages your design introduces.
1) A color palette in #hex CSS style. The color scheme has to be somewhat neutral,because the dominant graphic element will always be a big piece ofalbum art from an external source. You can see the variety of albumart in the live site. Usability is the most important thing, andsophisticated is better than garish, but the mood should be fun,social, extroverted, energetic. We have these page elements to color:- page background
- foreground color for buttons and active controls
- foreground color for text and icons
- outline color for links
- color for de-emphasized links
- text color for reading-centric page at http://freshhotradio.com/about2) Browser-native font selections, if any. There is barely any text, but if you do want to select fonts then use whatever's available out of the box.
3) Images for track controls. These widths are the current size. Your work doesn't have to be the same.- skip back to previous track in the playlist (Currently http://freshhotradio.com/img/next.png) (24x20px png and PSD)
- skip forward to next track (Currently http://freshhotradio.com/img/pause.png) (24x20px png and PSD)
- pause playback (Currently http://freshhotradio.com/img/play.png) (24x47px png and PSD)
- play (Currently http://freshhotradio.com/img/prev.png) (24x47px png and PSD)4) An overall page design, potentially including background images,borders, etc. Use your creativity. The final product will have toinclude cuts of all the parts.
- Changes to site layout. Things are going to stay about the same size and position as they are now.
- Restrictions on the width of the album art. It comes fromexternal sources that we don't control, so the policy is to set theheight and leave the width fluid.
- Colors which clash with the album art. It is the visual focus,and there is no visual consistency from one bit of album art to thenext.
- A banner.