We own and operate the largest domain forum on the planet. We also own and operate over 200,000 domain names so doing a good job here could lead to being invited back for many projects.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are targeting people that want to buy or sell domain names with this great auction site.
You can view the drawing here: http://www.redirectionhub.com/DNC1.jpg
By all means, feel free to create whatever you like, the above hand-drawing is just an illustration of a site that would be designed according to our guidelines. No reason why you shouldn’t try something else if you want.
You can get our logo to include it in your design here: http://www.redirectionhub.com/logo.gif
1. We need the design to be clean, with a nice distribution and no excess use of colors.
2. Use Repetition in your design. For example in our hand-drawing, you can see that the lower part of the page is split into 6 equally sized blocks that represent different auction sections. The upper part is made of a double-sized block and another smaller block which is as big as the rest of the small blocks.
3. In our Hand-drawing we tried to fit all the buttons we needed on the navigation bar, so we figured out that we would design two rows instead of one. In the top row we inserted the informational buttons, and in the second row we put the buttons that we want to use as drop-down menus when the visitor hovers his mouse over them. We used the repetition principle here as well, making the buttons on each row equally sized.
4. You can use a two-row navigation bar similar to the one we drew, or try to come up with something better. In case you do use a two-row navigation, we want the first row to have a different color than the second row, so that it’s distinct. Take the USPS.com website as an example to see what I mean.
5. The sections/buttons that we want to have on the main page are the ones featured on the hand-drawing – please use that as reference.
6. The design needs to be easily extractable to html
*** BONUS $150***
Get an extra $150 for assisting our coder install the design in the website and possibly perform minor modifications during that period