Gå Ut Senteret
We are a Christian school with around 50 students between 19-55 focusing on discipleship, crosscultural communication and mission. We also have a course and conference centre aswell as catering.
Gå Ut Senteret was founded 26 years ago and is situated 30 minutes north of Oslo International Airport Gardemoen in Norway.
- We want something inviting for 19-35 year olds.
- It needs to convey an element of adventure and maybe also travel.
- Fonts similar to those in logo.
- Web 2.0 integration
- Colors needs to go with logo colors.
- Desire big image displays (as we have some amazing shots from student abroad). Feel free to pick some from gus.no for design purposes)
We have three programs:
- Global Disciple: (one year) 19-25 year olds who wants to learn more about their faith including through a 4,5 month crosscultural placement (One year) Placement this year to Brasil, Ecuador, Mali, Senegal, Uganda, Ukraine, Cambodia, Nepal and India.
- Faith in action: (one year) 19-30 year olds who wants to learn more about their faith. Course includes a 6 week crosscultural trip and students can also choose between these tracks:
digital storytelling, secret believers and human rights
- Applied Missiology: (one semester) A very practical course preparing those who are going or thinking of going abroad as longterm missionaries/tentmakers.
Our main target group is:
Norwegian and International 19-35 year olds who wants to attend a dynamic Christian school, learn more about their faith and experience mission. (Look above for more info)
Sub target groups:
- Workers and members of owner organisation
- Family and friends of students (especially the blogs will be interesting for them)
- Supporters of the school (we are dependent on fundraising)
- Catering/conference customers (also big contributor financially)
We are looking to market towards the existing aswell as a new market. We highly desire to have more boys apply to our Global Disciple and Faith in Action courses.
These young people in our main target group are Christian, curious, intellectual, fun, adventerous and have a strong desire/passion to make a difference in this world.
We as a school build our work on the following values:
- Creativity and diversity
- Joy of life and community
- Service and care
- Respect and co-operation
- Faithfulness to the Bible and prayer
- Intimacy with God and people
NEEDS TO MEET THE DESIGN GUIDELINES – SEE ATTACHMENT.
Please also see our new logo attached.
The main aim for the school is to market the courses. It should be tempting and easy to apply. The site should be informative and actively use images, videos etc in communication. The crosscultural/travel/adventure element of the school is significant and should be displayed.
(The conference centre, catering and temporary arrangements etc needs some space.)
We want a drop down menu for ease of navigation.
Suggested menu categories: (the translation is just so that you will understand what the words mean)
1. Hjem (Home)
2. Studietilbud (Courses)
3. Søknad (Application)
4. Botilbud og økonomi (Doorms and finances)
5. Blogg (Blog)
6. Om Gå Ut (About us)
7. Kontakt oss
8. Catering & Konferanse (Catering & Conference)
Tab somewhere: English
1) Homepage Location Site
- Menu (Categories)
- Featured blogs
This is a very essential part of the page.
(Possibly with a geotagged map since the blogs are written from all over)
- Display/PR for each of the 3 courses
- Display/PR for temporary events
- Search field
- Video/flash/image gallery should be integrated in main display.
- This area is the subpage for articles.
- More information about the school is central on this page.
- Video/flash/image gallery should be integrated.
- Especially the course pages are going to need some sub navigation here.
3) Main blog
- New design but connected with the main design.
- Each team that we send out each year will have a separate blog. This means the the header needs to be easily changed. So that each new team will be able to create its own.
- Will need to have a userfriendly way for the reader to read following blog entries.
- This area is the subpage for the blog entries.
- Video/image gallery needs to be incorporated well.