We're a small group of guys creating a site and iphone app that will encourage people to exercise more regularly by making exercising more enjoyable. We plan to offer users light-weight tools to track their progress and fitness goals while also offering them the ability to socialize/interact with other people that enjoy working out, exercising and staying fit.
Our services will resemble a combination of Foursquare.com's location check-in, Twitter's sharing features and Facebook's social experience...with our emphasis being on fitness/exercise-related activities.
We are targeting the 50M people in the US who have gym memberships. This audience ranges from the ultra-fit, exercise fiends to the person who has a membership but goes into the gym infrequently.
Gender: Pretty even split male to female
Age: 18 to 35
General: The type of people that user Facebook and potentially services like Twitter as well as mobile applications.
I've attached our logo and wire frames of (1) our landing page and (2) a user's homepage that i'd like for you to take a shot at designing.
Each submission can start with 1 design concept first. Our team will comment within 24hours to tell you to continue with the 2nd submission or not. However, the winner must have minimum 2 pages options (see attached wireframes), including:
- 1st Homepage
- 2nd User's Homepage
We are flexible on locations of things like "sign in", "sign up", sizes of the boxes and font. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Some goals and things to keep in mind:
* While we are offering tools for people to track their fitness, we don't want it to feel like using our services is like completing your science or math homework.
* We're looking to represent ourselves as a useful utility with social tools (friends, comments, etc...) that make exercising and staying fit more enjoyable. Useful and fun.
* On the homepage, we'd like the logo (attached) to "pop" and be noticeable.
* We prefer light background colors (like light grey). We dont like white backgrounds.
* Use the colors in the attached logo and feel free to add additional colors as long as you feel that they match well.
Sites we like: