Functionally, this is everything the home page needs (refer to the wireframe)
1. Logo, Phone #, and space for 3 - 5 pages in the top navigation.
2. Beautiful picture w/ call to action and an arrow or something subtle to point to the form on the right. The image should be large and fill the space. I DO NOT just want a picture in a rectangular box. I want the picture to either "pop out" of the box, or to fade into the top or body and work with the text around it.
3. a form containing a header, smaller description, name, phone, email, submit button and privacy statement on the right hand side.
4. Under that, a place for the main blog and a sidebar.
5 We need to find space for other parts that exist currently on his home pages:
a. Office Hours
b. Book Now Button
c. The Picture of the doctor
d. Social media buttons - yelp, linkedin, twitter, newsletter
e. their address up on top
I can't say it enough - imagery and polish, imagery and polish. I want it to look like it was created in 2010.
Common Complaints From Completed Projects:
1. Don't make the top of the page vibrant with color, and then forget about the rest of it and make it different greys.
2. The image should use gradients, brushes, fades to integrate it behind the form or video. The image should "pop out" of the box if possible.
3. Don't go too crazy with boxes. I dont want box with an image, with a box for a form, a box for a phone, a box for each heading, etc. You can achieve much of the same effect just using spacing correctly. I used boxes in my wireframe only to show you where things go.