GOALS FOR NEW HOMEPAGE DESIGN:
Main page focus is on users and people looking to buy an eco-friendly home.
- Search form
o This is the most important element and primary focus
o Should be simple to use, but still give an indication that more
powerful or advance searching is available
o Simply, beautify, and make more modern, innovative, emphasis on eco friendly homes (possibly solar). Other background images are encouraged in new design.
o Search box (dark grey with search box inset) should be enhanced pull focus to this area.
- Featured listings
o Similar to the current site, this is a dynamic list of active properties.
- Interactive tool blocks
o These would be “teasers” to entice users to dig deeper in the site. Something like “How much is my home worth” or “Find out what eco features your home needs”, etc.
- Advertising blocks
o This should be “optional” – the main page design should support 1-2 areas for banner-ad type advertising, but it should also be designed to work well with no advertising enabled.
- Emphasis on site’s numerous listings, innovative marketing and Viva Green Homes score.
- Simplify and make site feel “cleaner”
- Full page width / responsive design
GOALS FOR SEARCH RESULTS PAGE
- Retain all current content (search listings, search refinement)
- Add Incorporate advertising and interactive tools into search results page
- Make “Your current search” criteria more visible, easier to access and change
- Possibly make property listings cleaner / easier to read; more attractive
- Possibly make “Refine search” area friendlier - these are dynamically generated forms, however, so any changes will probably need to be cosmetic.
GOALS FOR LISTING PAGE:
1) Incorporate advertising
i) Builders, professionals, brands, products (products could be based on the features that are checked off in search)
2) interactive tools-
i) walk score
(1) listings nearby
ii) calculator tools
1. Possibly change the way the action icons (save, pdf, print, share, flag, email, etc) are displayed or incorporated.